Affiliate Program Policies
Here Is How The Program Works
All Think Outside the Tax Box Affiliates are required to complete agreement and remain in compliance with these terms. This list contains everything you need to know to be a Think Outside the Tax Box affiliate, including resources, recommendations, and some legal stuff.
If you’re not yet part of the Think Outside the Tax Box Affiliate Program, you can apply here.
If you need anything else or have questions, feel free to reach out to the team at marketing@Think Outside the Tax Box.com
Last Modified: August 20th, 2021
- Commission Rates.
- The commission rates are as follows:
You receive a flat-rate commission based on the customer’s first purchase and the tier of the product purchased
- Tier 1: Annual Subscription: $100 USD
- The commission rates are as follows:
- For purchase commissions, you will receive commission for the first purchase made by a new customer who is not in an active sales process with us at the time of the affiliate link click.
- The customer needs to be an active customer for the locking period. The locking period is 60 days, plus the number of days at the end of that month. For example, a customer who makes a purchase on March 15 must still be a customer on May 31st.
- Commissions will still be counted if a user starts on one domain and then signs up or purchases on another Think Outside the Tax Box domain.
- Affiliate links may rely on cookies to track referrals. Therefore, if cookies get cleared, we may not be able to track these events.
- The cookie window is 60 days of clicking your affiliate link.
- Only affiliate links can be used to track referrals. Incorrect use of affiliate links will cause inability to track referrals.
- You cannot use affiliate links to refer clients you are servicing. You also can’t be a billing contact or user of the account referred.
- Fraudulent or stolen attribution is a non-payable event. If we suspect fraud (for example, if we see that signups are all from the same city or IP address) we may require you to prove that the referrals are valid.
- There are other limitations that may result in commission not being paid – we encourage you to read the Marketing Affiliate Program Agreement for more information on this.
- Upgrades/downgrades. You do not receive additional commission if a customer upgrades to a higher tiered product or downgrades to a lower tiered product in the future.
- Attribution. In the event a single customer clicks two different affiliate links, the last affiliate gets the credit. We do, however, reserve the right to modify this in certain circumstances.
Promoting Think Outside the Tax Box
- Think Outside the Tax Box Branding
- You must follow our style guide, our Trademark Usage Guidelines, and our Content Usage Guidelines here.
- Use false or misleading statements on the benefits of using Think Outside the Tax Box (e.g., “Get rich quick with Think Outside the Tax Box”).
- Modify or adjust the Think Outside the Tax Box wordmark or logo in any sort of marketing material you might create, including the creation of any visual badges or dual-logo lockups.
- What to call yourself
As we have multiple ways to partner with Think Outside the Tax Box and several ways to reference those relationships, here are some guidelines around what you can and cannot call yourself within the Think Outside the Tax Box Affiliate Program.
Do: Say you’re a “Think Outside the Tax Box Marketing Affiliate” or “Marketing Affiliate”.
Do Not: Refer to yourself as a Partner or that you’ve “partnered with Think Outside the Tax Box.” This includes press releases, references in videos, listings on your website, or in any other marketing material you may be using.
- Buying Ads
You will not purchase ads that direct to your site(s) or through an affiliate link that could be considered as competing with Think Outside the Tax Box’s own advertising, including, but not limited to, our branded keywords. If running ads, you need to direct the ad to your own website (and not to Think Outside the Tax Box.com).
Policies that don’t fit into the other buckets
- Survey Participation: We would encourage you to participate in any affiliate specific NPS surveys, industry surveys, marketing surveys, etc. as we request.
- Sharing Placements: When requested, you’ll share the places you’ve used your affiliate link. This includes, but is not limited to, links, screenshots, and email sends.
- Purchasing Think Outside the Tax Box yourself: One of the benefits of the Affiliate Program is we don’t require you to purchase Think Outside the Tax Box products. Though if you decide to purchase, we require that you do not use your own affiliate link.
- You must be FTC compliant and disclose in a clear way before the affiliate link that you will receive commission if someone clicks through and purchases.